Sunday, December 14, 2008

sparkle day

a friend of mine (lisa) told me once about "sparkle day" that she has with her daughter, where they just go do girl things that boys wouldn't really enjoy. i had been meaning to get aislyn's hair cut for awhile, and my hairdresser has been telling me to bring her in.. so yesterday, she and i went through the starbucks drive through to get our "coffees" and then off to the salon. starbucks has kid hot chocolates (they're so cute and tiny and NOT hot) for $1.10! once we got into the salon, i seriously felt like the biggest most ridiculous mother daughter yuppie team ever. but i had to take a pic of my three year old with starbucks. by the time she was finished she had chocolate mouth for sure. "new" rachel (that's what aislyn calls her because we already have friends named rachael, so she is the new one) cut aislyn's hair and then spiral curled it all around and it looked beautiful. she was very excited about her pretty hair. we then walked around uptown, going in stores we can't afford and pretending to shop for people. she said at bedtime, "mommy lets do that again."

5 comments:

Adam, Lisa, Jordan, & Zachary said...

oh how sweet!;) I love it!!! Sparkle time is such a blessing isnt it! Just you, your girl and TIME;) which is such a gift! xxoo

Anna said...

I had girl time with Liana a few times this month and it's awesome!! Hard to figure out logistically, but so worth it. I didn't think I'd ever have so much fun painting a 4 years olds nails and curling her hair. :) Hang in there! You're a great mom!

Ellen said...

How fun! I love her spiral hairdo!

Unknown said...

Be still my heart.

She is SOOOO sweet! I am going to have to get that hot chocolate for Lucy the next time we go!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Calla and I are totally doing that sometime soon. What a fun idea! Aislyn's hair has gotten so long...what a beautiful little girl.