Friday, April 17, 2009

shelter

i think, that this post won't make alot of sense. because i feel like i don't make much sense lately. i've written about this previously, and if you know me, you know this is a huge part of my life. matty matt is not doing well. Jesus will likely take him home soon. we knew this was coming. we've known it since matt was just a day and a half old. but somehow, i don't feel like that makes it much easier. it's so hard to watch him deteriorate, and to remember just a few weeks ago, when "r" and i were in the driveway and he almost seemed normal for a few minutes. but we know he's at the end. and it's tough. all the kids have fallen head over heels for him, and i know we will hear "where's baby matt?" likely for months after his passing. i tried to explain things to aislyn today, i think i totally sucked at it, and she got one of those frowns that precedes a huge cry on her face, and said "but i won't see him again mom?" i tried to explain that she will, hopefully a long time from now, but i had such a hard time trying to explain it in a manner that wouldn't give her nightmares. all this to say, please keep the "b" family in your prayers. they, and all of us who have loved him so intensely, will miss him. so. much. i take great comfort in knowing that matt will shortly be in the arms of our Creator, but "r" and "s" are still losing their son, "e" and "j" are still losing their baby brother, and we are all losing the most precious little surprise that we have loved as our own over the last few months.

but i cannot believe how many lives this little boy has touched. and he doesn't even know it.

my new favorite song...

I have a shelter in the storm
When troubles pour upon me
Though fears are rising like a flood
My soul can rest securely
O Jesus, I will hide in You
My place of peace and solace
No trial is deeper than Your love
That comforts all my sorrows

I have a shelter in the storm
When all my sins accuse me
Though justice charges me with guilt
Your grace will not refuse me
O Jesus, I will hide in You
Who bore my condemnation
I find my refuge in Your wounds
For there I find salvation

I have a shelter in the storm
When constant winds would break me
For in my weakness, I have learned
Your strength will not forsake me
O Jesus, I will hide in You
The One who bears my burdens
With faithful hands that cannot fail
You’ll bring me home to heaven...
(Steve & Vicki Cook, Bob Kauflin)


Jesus, help us to believe these words. Be our shelter.

5 comments:

Rob and Amy said...

Oh Amy...what a post. I was doing ok with the tears...holding them in until I reached the picture...

Praying, praying.

Ellen said...

I can't imagine how hard this must be. It breaks my heart every time I read about it. Hugs and thoughts and prayers...

Gram said...

i love this picture. prayers.

Tiffany said...

That picture is like a poster, seriously! It needs to be blown up and framed, it's amazing! It really shows true love for baby matt in the most innocent way, I can't even describe it but it's beautiful! I love little G's rice milk in there too! It's just classic. Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

oh my word.

What a beautiful testament.