Saturday, March 01, 2008

blessings in the midst of sickies

let me just caveat this post- i KNOW there are far worse things than having two babies with high fevers for a week. but, that being said, this has been difficult for me, so i choose to blog about it. :) please don't think i'm begging for a pity party here. this has become my outlet this week as i have been cooped up like mad.


my sweet alyssa. with all that alyssa has going on right now in her life, and its ALOT, she has managed to find the time to bless my socks off. :) as i was reading a book called I Love You Through and Through to my kiddos yesterday (so cute, you should buy it), i spied a little elfyssa (airmail) leaving something on my door. and lo and behold, she had easter basketed me. there was a ballerina bunny, some things to eat that would feel nice on aislyn's throat, a monkey rattle thing for grayson, a little card, and for mommy? 4 yellow roses (of texas of course). i mean, i cried. isn't that silly? over a little easter basket? but man, it meant the world to me! and as IF that wasn't enough, my amazing friend rachael (wife to dr. steffen of the stitches) decides to bring us a chicken, a salad and some sweet potatoes for dinner! i mean, we so didn't deserve any of that, and there are families that deal with MUCH worse on a daily basis. but man its good to have friends that know you, and get you. and understand that even though everything will be fine, its hard in the moment. not to mention that rachael has a TON on her plate as well that i certainly couldn't deal with like she does! and THEN, last night, kenny's mom came over to sit with the kids after we put them down (thank you barbara!) so that we could go see my other rachael, my denver rachael, my jellyfish rachael, whose very presence is like, whats the phrase, honey to my soul? water to my soul? no. what is it? well, all i'm saying is that i don't get to see her nearly enough. and every time i do, it makes me smile. especially when she has a blueberry martini in a CUTE retro martini glass with a big ole raspberry floating in it, waiting for me (still not sure if i liked it or not, but the raspberry was good). so we got to get out of the house, if only for a moment. i took a shower, i put some smellies on (perfume, in my hair so grayson can't touch it. :)), i put real clothes on, makeup, it was nice. anyway, girls, thank you for making my day so much better. i cherish you ALOT.


at any rate, grayson woke up feverless (praise the Lord!) but aislyn did not. we got her to eat a bite of banana and a few bites of a waffle and a piece of bacon, which is the first thing she's eaten since thursday afternoon. so that's good! they both are still coughing so hard they gag, every 30 seconds, but i think thats normal with what they've got. and i would like to say that i can now quote The Jungle Book. "i wanna watch ungle book!" is a much repeated phrase during this particular virus. i need to be done writing now, the elephants are doing dawn patrol, and aislyn enjoys it when mommy pretends to be one. "hup two three four, keep it up, two three four..." i kinda enjoy it too.

1 comments:

redbyrd said...

..."but man its good to have friends that know you, and get you. and understand that even though everything will be fine, its hard in the moment."

- i couldn't have said it better myself. right back at cha! i am glad your sunny days are back again...well, i mean, if you liked sun, which you don't..so i will pray for cloudy, overcast days without the overcast drama to match it...just coffee and chocolate and cozies...how bout that?