Tuesday, July 29, 2008

and then... and then....

we got a cast today. daddy insisted that it be red, in support of our landscaping company Red Shovel Landscape & Design. i offered to take grayson to go get it branded if he wanted.. anyways, we were up all night with the little guy who had a fever on top of everything else. and when i say all night, i very much mean all night. i had him in a swing in the backyard at 5:45 a.m. because i just didn't know what else to do with him. he wouldn't really eat, etc. and then i noticed blisters on his hands. oh. my. gosh. so, we're getting a cast and the PA says that they could be a sign of strep throat. i was happy to hear that because i'm thinking hand foot and mouth disease. we decide to go straight to his pediatrician after the cast party, who says it must be HFM, but since you mentioned strep i'll test for that too. well, the strep came back positive. so, the dr. thinks its both. NEAT. he is absolutely miserable. i solicit your prayers for the broken legged throat and hand blistered kid. i hate seeing him like this. i haven't put him down in about 4 days now. the Lord gave me a perspective check on the way out of the dr's office however. i was VERY down, really feeling attacked and not understanding why so much is being thrown at my son. why not ME. why him? i looked over and saw a teeny little boy, probably too small for his age, maybe 7 years old, getting out of a car with his oxygen hooked up to his nose, pulling the oxygen tank behind him. i'm not sure what he had, but it didn't look good. and i thought, you know, it could always be worse. always. all grayson has is a broken leg, an infection and a virus. they will all go away. it was clear to me that this little boy's issue wasn't going away anytime soon. it just reminded me once again to be thankful in the tough times. my husband reminds me of this daily, and i just stare at him. but he's right. we should thank God through the trials. but its really not easy. we're not even going through that much bad stuff and i still find it hard to thank him for this time. it doesn't seem natural, but maybe that's the point. anyways, all that to say, pray that our little man fights the good fight and KEEPS IT TO HIMSELF!! and i'm sorry in advance for the onslaught of HFM that is coming since we were at my niece's bday party on saturday. whoops...

7 comments:

Molly Beth said...

Poor baby! He probably got the hfm and the strep from the bounce place. I don't think will be going to one anytime soon;) I totally understand the reality check of how good we actually have it. Every time I leave the pulmonologist office, I am reminded how blessed we are. Anytime I am going through a rough patch and having a difficult time praising God, I cling to the song, "Praise You in the Storm" It is sometimes the only way I can worship him during a difficult season. And now, just by writing this post you gave Him praise. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

POPCICLES!!! I just remembered that was the one thing Liana would eat with HFM. give it a shot. The popcicle brand has mini-pops that TItus likes because they're small and have more of the stick to hang on to. I'm just not sure what's in them. darn. the salt on the fritos probably isn't going to feel great. Maybe you should break out the snoopy snowcone maker and whip him up on of those? sigh. hang in there - I'll drop by some dvds on Friday. anna

Adam, Lisa, Jordan, & Zachary said...

oh amy! you guys are really dealing with alot! You hang in there lady:) Your spirit and faith is so strong and amazing;) Your outlook and mindset are so positive...keep it up:) xxoo lisa

Anonymous said...

Amy-

Please call me if I can do anything. Carter broke his arm when he was 14 months old. He fell out of the backseat of my SUV. Same thing, wouldn't crawl, wouldn't pull himslef up. He was miserable. But he also quickly adapted to the cast. They are so much stronger than we are because they don't (or maybe can't) ask why, they just move on.

When we were in Illinios a month or so a go, we went to a little store near my in-laws house. I got a sign for my house, "If your knees are knocking, kneel on them." I haven't told you this, I was waiting for our coffee date (which between biopsies, broken bones, and sickness, might be a while) but when I saw it I immediately thought of you and G, and I got one for you too. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and there is a reason you all are going through this. Grayson is going to be the most amazing, storng, Godly man. I know it coild always be worse but it is still hard when you are in the middle of it. You have such an amazing support system and it will eventually settle down and maybe even seem boring?!?

Anonymous said...

You are my hero. God obviously thinks you are Super Woman with super strength to be able to handle all this and use it for His glory. Remember that. God has chosen you for this trial and He will prevail. He is always victorious for his plans. I love you girl. I cry with you and pray for you. I know it's harder for you than g. love sally ps.when you said read my blog, you meant READ MY BLOG!!!!!

redbyrd said...

i'm gonna make you a crown/tiara to wear on your head that reads SUPER MOM...bc that is what you are. i love you and your little broken little blistered one. hang in there, i can see the sun shining!

Charlotte said...

Amy can you post a recent picture of Aislyn and Grayson together? I want to update my desktop. I love all the new pics!