Friday, May 29, 2009

the final countdown

11 more days til we go to denver. we finally got a date, june 10th is his start date. i will TRY to have a computer up there so i can update almost daily with progress. i'm super excited and have very high expectations that i likely need to lower a bit.. very tired of disappointment with his case, but these people work with kids like grayson and way worse than him too. so i really do believe that we will walk away with help and answers. AND FOOD!! his eczema, oddly enough has been worse this month than ever i think. so we couldn't be more ready to go. his body normally looks ok, he has to be covered 24-7, but he has been ok for awhile with flares here and there, but lately it's been way worse. his hands are in wraps up to his elbows for every nap and night time and sometimes all day. one of them is wrapped all the time, while i try and let the other air out, and then i switch them. am i doing it right? who knows? probably not. i feel somedays as if i might in fact lose it and have broken a couple of kitchen utensils in my frustration. its just hard to get anything done because when he knows i'm not looking he has taken his socks off and is bleeding on his legs from scratching so hard in like 30 seconds! this is when fear sets in, fear of staph infection because i'm not doing enough, things like that. and then i start thinking... what if the doctors in denver actually think grayson's case is really weird and we come back with no answers? which is why this whole situation forces me to go back to the cross and remember things like this:

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)

or this:

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God. By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night his son is with me, a prayer to the God of my life. (Psalm 42: 5,8)

or...this:

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)

so clearly God has given me plenty of reasons to not fear and give this to Him. please pray for us to be able to do that fully! man, things could be so much worse. we are so thankful that he is so healthy otherwise.

i've babbled long enough...

and what's a post without a pic?

we went to the zoo with great grandma katie and alyssa and liam the other day. and yes, i see how liam and aislyn are standing. and no, we don't let them look through abercrombie catalogues.

4 comments:

Anna said...

oh man!!! We'll be praying like crazy. Hang in there - it's amazing that you do everything you do. I'll pray specifically that you'll come home with answers, even if they're not answers you like. I remember hitting my head against a wall for a long time, but not nearly as long as you. THe frustration is overwhelming and always reminded me that the practice of medicine is still as much an art as a science. I'm confident the gifted drs. there are more educated and experienced with kids like Gray and will be able to see past the "uniqueness" of his symptoms. I'll be watching for updates!

Rob and Amy said...

Liam looks so MUCH like Alyssa in this picture! oh my gosh!!!

And A and G are sooo precious!

I can't wait to hear about your adventures in CO, and pray for some much needed answers!

elaine said...

i'll look for daily updates. :)
and oh my GOSH. i can't stop looking at how freaking cute A and L are in that pic. GEESH. please tell me you have already arranged that marriage.

Anonymous said...

I will pray...I have been thinking of u a lot lately.. Call me when u get a chance. Love Sally