Saturday, August 30, 2008

another little cash update

micah called and asked me to post a prayer request for baby cash on thursday night, of course, i never check my messages and didn't see that she had called until friday night! cash had to have surgery on his tiny little left eye (i think left) because he has stage 3 retinopathy which can occur in preemies like him. the surgery actually went really well. had they not done the surgery he would no doubt be blind in that eye. they will soon test the other eye to see if they have to do surgery for that eye as well. those must be some masterful surgeons to do this on a 3 pounder. cash was incredibly uncomfortable from the procedure, etc. so they have him on some pain meds to help him rest, so he won't burn more calories. anyway, continue to pray for them and for cash, that he would start gaining weight and would be able to take nutrition from a bottle without too much effort. thanks. :)

2 comments:

Anna said...

wow. I was having a little pity party today because Titus is taking me to my wits end on his sleeping (or lack thereof). It was a good day for me to check in and see the updates on Cash. God is good in all circumstances and gives us these little gifts from him to take care of however we can. I feel like I'm just starting to learn about his grace - parenting is one of those places in life that you start to understand what depending on Him really means. We'll be praying for Cash.

Tiffany said...

Goodness! I just read the Cash updates! Please tell his family that people they don't even know are praying for their little guy and for God's grace on ALL of them! Please continue to update through your blog!