Friday, September 05, 2008

intrauterine salvation...and then some

my daughter is smart. she just is. she's pensive and she says things that blow my mind. alot. i've posted some of them, but i didn't want to forget about a conversation we had last night as i was putting her down. her lamp is broken, so we decided to just talk in the dark instead of read the Bible like we normally do. so we're laying there, in silence, and she says:

her : "mommy, what is Jesus?"
me: "well, honey, Jesus is a person, and He is God's son, God is His daddy and they live in heaven." (i am at a total loss here. for some reason, i feel suddenly compelled to answer her as if she were an 18 year old that i was sharing the gospel with) "Jesus came to earth and died on the cross for you, to save you."
her: "why?"
me: "because you know when you disobey mommy and daddy?"
her: "yes, mommy. and my daddy lives in my house with me."
me: "well, back to disobeying, that's sin. and Jesus came to save you and me from it."
her: "well, when is Jesus gonna come to my house and play wif me?"
me: "um... well... Jesus is always with us, we just can't see Him like we can see each other." (i'm a little freaked now, because if someone told me that someone was always WITH me, but i couldn't see them, i would never want to be alone.)
her: "jesus lives in my heart?"
me: "that's right honey! and in mommy's heart too!"
her: " and in daddy's? and mimi's? and papa's?" (she begins to list several people we know)
me: "yup"
her: "mommy, i'm sad."
me: "why are you sad?"
her: "because Jesus won't come out of my tummy and play with me."

if ANYone has any further words for my daughter, let me know. :)

which is a segway to the other story i wanted to write about. at dinner the other night, the four of us were sitting around the table and we were talking about how God has the whole world in his hands and aislyn says "mommy, God saved me." she has said this before. kenny and i had never actually said to her these words, so we've wondered where she learned them. so i thought i'd ask. i said "honey, where did you learn that God saved you?" her reply?

"in your tummy mommy!"

WHOA. kenny and i just looked at each other. i mean, who knows what happens in there...

story #3. so, we're on the back porch at my parent's house, and aislyn sees an airplane. aislyn and grayson LOVE airplanes. my dad asks "aislyn, what makes that big ole airplane stay up in the sky like that and fly?" aislyn replies, chuckling with her eyebrows up, "its getting money papa!" OH MY WORD. really? does she watch the economics portion of the today show when i'm not looking? so weird.

no pic for today, sorry. i really need to update, i know! oh, and thanks dad, for the title of this post. :)

3 comments:

Adam, Lisa, Jordan, & Zachary said...

oh amy:) how precious she is! and SMART!!! I have to say when my grandma passed (a year ago tomorrow:( Jordan was given comfort in us explaining that great-grandma was in our "hearts" and would always be...now a year later EVERYTIME anything with nature happens or the weather (rain, a rainbow, wind, the sun shine:) jordan also says "great grandma is WORKING hard" :) the kids and how they process things is both AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL:) warms my heart! Thanks for sharing those precious 3 stories! xxoo to you and YOUR family!

Anonymous said...

Hehehe! You are going to have your hands full with that precious girl in a few years;)

Anonymous said...

seriously...!