Sunday, September 21, 2008

last days of summer

any of you who know me, KNOW that when fall comes, i am happy. not that i don't love summer, i do. but there is something about the changing of the leaves and the pumpkin patch and the apple farms and the smells in the air and the smells in my house (i have thousands of pumpkin candles, and they do not go to waste) that just make me relax or something. i can't explain it. anyway, aislyn grabbed a dandelion in the backyard the other day, and it reminded me that these are the last days of summer. it has blown by as usual and now its almost gone. i think, correct me if i'm wrong, that monday is the first day of fall. and i shall celebrate. :) but for now, i will bid farewell to summer for it is on its way out... happy fall everyone.

5 comments:

Rob and Amy said...

Oh man. Perfection of a picture. Our wedding is in about 3 weeks, and the colors are based around the fall color palette. I will definitely post some pictures when I can...so you can check it out =) This picture is WONDERFUL!

Gina said...

LOVE that picture!! Fall is my favorite season too- wish there were more colors like in Wisconsin, but yellow is good too I guess.
Should we try another playdate sometime?
-Gina

Anna said...

that is seriously an AWESOME pic.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! Fall is our favorite season around our house and it never ceases to amaze how excited we get the first time we smell it in the air!

Molly Beth said...

I have made my way back into blog world and just wanted to say that man your kids are cute. i LOVE all the new pictures of them both. Just precious! Love ya