Thursday, September 25, 2008

no cuchara

so this blog is for funny stories and pics of my kids right? well, can't i just share one about my man too? great.

so, we own a landscaping business. kenny has some fabulous guys working for him. a couple speak english, but most are of the spanish language persuasion. this particular day, the english speaking guys weren't there i guess, and kenny was telling- no wait, trying to tell- his crew to go and cut the bushes. so he says to them "um, cuchara el shrubberio". they just stare. at him. so he does hand motions. just imagine, that now he is doing hand motions. "cuchara el shrubbery". the guys are like WHAT the heck is he trying to say. finally one of them is like um spoon? yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen. kenny was telling his crew to spoon the shrubs. they had a fantastic laugh about that and kenny is now looking into spanish classes.

what makes it even better is that this morning, i found this. he created this in photoshop with much detail and carefulness a month or so ago. i pray that he never ACTUALLY put these around a property. yes. that says "do not trim." and "no spoon."

7 comments:

Nono said...

hilarious

sherri said...

OMGosh, that is HILARIOUS! And I had to stop by and tell you that your comment on my blog post made me laugh out loud! You took the cake...and I think even just that part of your day topped mine. Although if I was re-writing it for today, it would include, "accident in booth at target." Um yeah.

Anonymous said...

Do you want me to go into labor? you're killing me--this is tooo much. Troy would be happy to translate or write out a cheat sheet for him anytime. :)

gracelaced said...

Troy here. Do you want me to go into labor too! Oh my word! That is the best laugh I have had in a while. Love ya Kenny.

brooklyn said...

i'm totally laughing! classic!!!

i can't believe how gorgeous your photography is either! so glad i found you on facebook--so you can see what we're up to on my blog instead of me trying to summarize the past million years :-)!

brooklyn said...

oh, and i'm linking you unless you object.

Ellen said...

That's great! Did I ever tell you that when my brother was in Spain he asked the inkeeper, "Cuanto questa el nino?" to which she hid her small son behind the counter with a horrified look on her face, and my brother realized he meant "noche." No wonder people think Americans are crazy!!