Thursday, June 18, 2009

cutest video ever...

ok MAYBE i'm biased.

we are five for five. with three incompletes. :) today we got pork and oats. oats was a reeeeeeaaaaalllllly long one. he started out with the tiniest eensiest bits of oatmeal ever and i literally had to hold him down, arms behind his back, force it in his mouth, squirt some water in there, and shove his paci in. all the while, he was screamin'. it was kinda sad. by the THIRD dose, the nurse decided that we would mix it with sweet potatoes and boy that totally worked. he ate all his doses and then some... his face turned red and he developed a little patch on his chin, but THANKS to our amazing docs and nurses, they determined that it was not from the oatmeal, but rather from other things going on. THIS, people, is why i can't do this alone, especially with the biggies like oats. oats means oatmeal, and COOKIES!! we are going to try and get cocoa because i can totally bake stuff with that! and cocoa is typically a low allergen, if i understand correctly.

so, i'm putting this in here so that i can remember it for comparison's sake later. grayson's IGE level is 5,000. normal is below 30 i think. it was 1,200 a year ago, and has gone up significantly. this number can be very high in kids with eczema because of all their open wounds. this number being elevated can certainly elevate his individual food IGE's which determines what class of allergy it is. for instance there is class 1 through 6, 6 being the worst. grayson's tests are typically between class 3 and 6. but as we know, you can't trust every skin prick and every blood test. those are just helpful in determining whether or not to challenge the food. which is why we have decided to not challenge wheat, milk, any nuts, egg and any other grain, because they were all super high still. but i really do think there are several things he'll grow out of. blake is already growing out of some that he was super allergic to a year ago. anyhoo, random.

and now for a couple pics. fritos. he LOVES them. this was his final dose. and he ate every one of them!look at those TOES! this was the first day that grayson hasn't worn socks. ever. ever. i told blake yesterday that grayson would come today not wearing socks and they could wear their matching shoes. well, grayson insisted on wearing socks. when we got there, blake said "um, grayson has socks on." so i gave it a whirl, and got him to take his socks off. so we got a pic of their little naked spidey feet. tomorrow could be huge. it's soy. and it will be all day long probably. if we get soy, we can get RID of elecare. eventually. which would be so wow. he could have soy cheese, and lots of other interesting soy things. i'm fairly convinced you can make anything out of soy. anyways, so pray for that. i'm going to bed. and i don't know why this text is underlined. and i don't care. good night.

11 comments:

RedShovel said...

I miss my bubba and Aislyn. I actually just had a tear run down my cheek. Dude... I love my family.

You are great mom Amy. And a Great Wife! I love you.

Anna said...

woo hoo!!! I'm still cheering!!! hang in there - I'm so excited about soy I can't stand it! It did take us a long time to transition Titus to soy formula because it's just hard to digest. Little constipation issues. But it happens. We're still on Good start which is broken down, but I'm eyeing the soy milk. I was so excited to read your post of the day I kept checking like every half hour. Amy - I think that as tired as you are, this visit and the work you've done have surpassed every expectation of this visit. I mean - seriously - the ezcema alone was a miracle. The whiteness!!! There is a world of food that has already opened up to you and lots to come. TItus hasn't been sleeping, so sometimes I throw a nice pity part for myself, but then I look at him and am so grateful that God has helped him grow, and survive even though it's with a bottle. And little G is going to have such a full and amazing life, even more so for the gifts youv'e given him this week. Hang in there!!! You're doing an awesome job!

brianna saban said...

first i was dying at the video---grayson is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! and now i'm dying at what your hubby wrote to you.
you guys are awesome.

this is the coolest thing ever....

gwennablogs said...

I can not believe all that has happened to Grayson! Yay!!!!!!!!! Thank U Lord! I love him in the tub all perfect and happy about eating food.

Good stuff.

sherri said...

Oh, bless my heart. What a beautiful video. I love how his excitement matches yours. He understands. *sigh* God bless you guys during this adventure your on. :)

elaine said...

what a stinkin cute boy. oh i love this video.
i'm so excited about all of this! what a new world for you guys. yay!
also, i am already sad about not shooting with you tomorrow. i am shooting with someone i kind of just met. i miss you.
can't wait to hear about soy!

Rob and Amy said...

I LOVEEEEEEEEEE THISSSSSS!!!!!!

Anna said...

hey! So I'm leaving a comment because I keept forgetting to email and ask. What did they think that the patches on his chin were? Dr. Clayton wanted us to stop zyrtec and we did, but now Titus gets red patches and sometimes hives all around his mouth on and off during the day. Any clues?

Emily said...

God is so good. I seem to remember a prayer list praying for 5 foods. You have 5 and aren't even finished. Praise be to God. I am enjoying watching the blessings unfold. Thanks for sharing.
Love ya,
Emily

redbyrd said...

i'm not even kenny and that sweet video of g made me tear up...even, kenny's words made me tear up..oh, that sweet precious little grayson boy..i can't wait to squeeze him and feed him fritos on my lap! and YOU my dear, i am so proud of you for hanging in there and fighting for your boy!

Molly Beth said...

The video is adorable! Curtis watched it and asked if we could take Coop to Denver. We are so excited for you guys. Honestly you have done great! You are being so brave. I am so proud of you! We go to the GI in Aug and seeing G with all these new foods is really encouraging me to talk to him about seeing a nutritionist or something to help us get some new foods on board. I am just so bad at it. Oh, and I tried to give Cooper some banana yesterday and he threw it on the floor! Made me think of you. It made him terribly sick before, so probably it was good he wouldn't eat it. Anyway, thanks for being an encouragement to me.